Monday, October 12, 2009

Rest and not worrying...2000 (Private collection)


Have you ever heard these quotes before – “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere.” Or “I’ve suffered a great many catastrophes in life. Most of them never happened.” – Mark Twain
We people tend to worry unnecessary – survey has proven that 92% of all our worries are about things we can’t control, concerns which are better left to God.
We simply don’t believe He is big enough or cares enough to handle our problems, give us the desires of our hearts and keep us and our loved ones from harm.
But than again – in Matthew 11:28, Jesus says, “Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls.” And in Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;…”
We were created to live abundant lives – like a flower we were meant to blossom, not to wither on the vine. Jesus promises He will work it all out. I do believe there is always a new sunrise for each one of us.